Principal Urban Designer
Lilianna is an Urban Designer with over 14 years’ experience of urban, neighbourhood and regional studies and masterplan projects in the UK, China and the Middle East. She has a Masters in Urban Design, is an Urban Design Group Recognised Practitioner, and an Associate of the Royal Town Planning Institute.
Her experience in landscape architecture and architecture give her the ability to identify and analyse a wide range of issues, as well as provide people and place-friendly design solutions with multi-disciplinary considerations. She plays a key role in Gillespies’ masterplan and urban design team, leading on a wide range of projects in the UK and abroad.
Key projects include:
- Residential and mixed-use masterplans, architectural and landscape design projects
- Masterplan frameworks and design codes, including adopted Royston Masterplan Framework and Design Code with 2,000 homes and adopted Knottingley and Ferrybridge Masterplan with 2,600 homes and 300ha of employment
- High street and town centre regeneration projects, including Knottingley Town Centre regeneration
- Public realm improvement schemes
- Masterplans and guidelines in China (from a waterfront development with 500 homes to a new town with a population of 60,000)
- Masterplans and guidelines in the Middle East (from 5,000 new homes to the masterplan for an entire city)
Lilianna always considers the economic, social and environmental values of projects, and explores local insights through stakeholder engagement and public consultations. She is passionate about her work and continually expands her knowledge and skills. She often collaborates with multidisciplinary teams resulting in more robust designs to shape better places for people to live, work and enjoy.