Principal Landscape Architect – London, UK
Gillespies is a leading landscape design and masterplanning practice with an outstanding reputation for delivering responsibly designed, transformative and award-winning spaces that add real value to people's lives. We work with forward-thinking clients on pioneering projects that push the boundaries in creativity, innovation and sustainability. We have offices throughout the UK and an exciting national and international portfolio of projects.
We are looking for a highly skilled Principal Landscape Architect to join our friendly London studio. Ideally, you will be an exceptional designer with strong design skills and experience in delivering UK and international planning application packages, technical packages and onsite experience. Extensive knowledge of the UK and international market (particularly Russia, Canada and China) would be advantageous.
All candidates must be available to start immediately or within no longer than a month.
- A strong portfolio showing a wide selection of work, from concept design to technical details/built work.
- UK and international experience
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Excellent working knowledge of Adobe Suite and SketchUp. Revit would be an advantage.
- Strong design and technical skills
- Excellent ability to develop, draw and communicate design ideas from early concepts through to technical stages
- Exceptional communication skills. Excellent spoken and written English
- Ability to lead complex projects
- Ability to lead and mentor junior members of staff
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Applicants should be motivated all-rounders with a positive attitude and demonstrate technical abilities, design flair and advanced CAD and presentation skills.
- Flexible and adaptable
- Creative thinker
- Problem solver
- Interested in learning
- Enthusiastic and driven
Successful candidates will ideally be CMLI, although not essential (an equivalent overseas qualification would suffice), and have a strong interest and proven skills in landscape design and project management of landscape projects in the UK and/or internationally.
Join a talented team
Gillespies is passionate about design and dedicated to making a positive impact on the built environment. We offer great opportunities to develop your design skills and professional knowledge within a supportive and stimulating work environment. Our studios are creative and sociable, with an international team of talented designers.
- A competitive salary with a range of benefits
- A ‘flexi-hours’ scheme to allow for a healthy work-life balance.
- 2 days a week working from home for full-time staff or 1 day a week for part-time staff.
Note: Due to the current pandemic, our teams are working remotely from home until the 19th of July.
Please email your CV and portfolio to email@example.com (10MB maximum).
Gillespies is an equal opportunities employer. We regret that we can only respond to successful applications. No agencies, please.