Senior Landscape Architect/ Designer - Manchester and Leeds, UK - Permanent full-time role + hybrid working
Are you a passionate and creative landscape designer who is looking for a new challenge, unique projects, a great supportive working environment and flexible working arrangements?
Having grown significantly over the past year, we are looking for a creative and enthusiastic Senior Landscape Architect/Designers to join our friendly, award-winning multidisciplinary team of landscape architects, urban designers, masterplanners and landscape planners.
Now in its 60th year, Gillespies is one of the UK's most respected landscape design and masterplanning practices with an outstanding reputation for delivering responsibly designed, transformative and award-winning spaces that add real value to people's lives. Across the UK and internationally we have the privilege to work with forward-thinking clients on pioneering projects that push the boundaries in creativity, innovation and sustainability. Leading a new nature-led urbanism, we are looking for passionate and highly talented designers to help us redefine the landscapes of our time.
If you can work efficiently, both independently and as part of a team, this is the perfect opportunity for you to work on exciting high-end projects both in the UK and internationally. Our work currently includes city spaces, urban extensions, tourism developments and much more.
Successful applicants must demonstrate a passion for design and Landscape Architecture, have good graphic and proven illustration skills, as well as excellent technical abilities and proven proficiency in using AutoCAD, Sketch-up and Adobe Creative Suite package, and Microsoft office. Revit experience would be an advantage but is not essential.
The successful landscape architect will have the following:
- Must possess an undergraduate degree and Post Grad Diploma/MA in either Landscape Architecture or Architecture
- Proven design talents with strong conceptual and technical design skills coupled with the experience of delivering projects through to construction;
- Excellent organisation, presentation and communication skills;
- Proven experience in Landscape Design, Landscape Drawing and basic 3D Modelling;
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite and SketchUp;
- Chartership and Revit would be an advantage but is not essential; and
- 4/5 + Years' experience
Join a talented team
Gillespies is passionate about design and dedicated to making a positive impact on the built environment. We offer excellent opportunities to develop your design skills and professional knowledge within a supportive and stimulating work environment. Our studios are creative and sociable, with an international team of talented designers.
Benefits and rewards
The friendly and supportive culture at Gillespies is something we are proud of, and we offer a range of benefits:
- A competitive salary with a range of benefits
- A 'flexi-hours' scheme to allow for a healthy work-life balance
- Hybrid working - up to 2 days a week working from home for full-time staff or 1 day a week for part-time staff.
- Friendly, sociable open-plan office environment
- Pathway to Chartership support (if relevant)
- Cycle to work scheme (entitling you to a tax-free bike)
- Life Assurance (4 x annual salary)
- Enhanced holiday allowance (25 days per annum starting and going up to 30 days) plus Bank Holidays
- Employee Assistance Programme – with free access to specialist external advice and counselling
- Workplace pension
- Paid professional membership fees
- Employee social events
- One paid day a year for volunteer activities
- Recruitment bonus
- Perkbox - access to employee flexible benefits platform and wellness hub (a selection of over 250 perks to support employees’ financial, physical and emotional wellbeing)
If you think you are a suitable match for these roles, please email your CV and a summary portfolio of your work (10MB maximum) to: email@example.com. Please specify which role you are applying for in the email subject line.
References will be required following interview.
Gillespies is an equal opportunities employer. We regret that we can only respond to successful applications.