Landscape Architect with LVIA Interest / Experience, Oxford
As one of the leading landscape architecture, environmental planning and urban design practices in the UK, Gillespies deliver distinctive and beautiful places where people want to live, work and play. Every project is a result of careful analysis, collaboration and a unique understanding of place.
Gillespies’ environmental design and planning department is expanding in their Oxford studio and are looking for a Landscape Architect with an interest in / experience of LVIA and environmental design. You will join a friendly and vibrant multidisciplinary team of landscape architects, landscape planners, and urban designers.
- Preparation of Landscape and Visual Impact Assessments (LVIA) for a range of development proposals across the residential, mixed-use, commercial, infrastructure, energy and renewables sectors
- Undertake strategic studies such as Landscape Character Assessment, Landscape Sensitivity and Capacity Studies and Green Infrastructure Strategies.
- Production of Design and Access statements, detailed site appraisals, scoping reports and development frameworks
- Prepare planting plans, schedules and specifications
- Organise access to sites to undertake surveys, plan the survey programme and draft front end Environmental Statement (ES) chapters
- Liaise with clients, local authorities, Historic England, Natural England and other stakeholders
- Project management, staff mentoring and preparation of bids and fee proposals
- Preparing evidence for Public Inquiries and Examinations
- Relevant Bachelors or Masters degree in Landscape Architecture*
- Chartered Landscape Architect or on Pathway to Chartership (preferably)
- Demonstrable experience in a similar consultancy environment
- Experience of using CAD, GIS, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, and preparing hand drawings
- Full clean UK driving license
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possess a good understanding of the planning process and of Environmental Impact Assessment;
- Excellent organisation skills
- Excellent team working ability as well as able to work independently
- Competence in InDesign would be an advantage.
*As well as candidates with accredited landscape qualifications, we would also consider candidates with planning related qualifications.
This role offers a fantastic opportunity to take your career to the next level working within a supportive team environment with lots of opportunities to develop your technical and project delivery skills, as well as a highly competitive salary commensurate with experience and benefits package.
To apply please send your CV and portfolio of recent work (max 10MB please) to Hannah.Butler@gillespies.co.uk
Gillespies is an equal opportunities employer. We regret that we can only respond to successful applications.