Senior Landscape Planner - Leeds or Manchester
Gillespies is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Senior Landscape Planner to join our team in Leeds or Manchester.
Gillespies is one of the largest award-winning and market-leading landscape design and landscape planning practices in the UK and has an outstanding reputation for delivering responsibly designed, transformative spaces that add real value to people's lives. Our practice-wide team of 140 landscape architects, urban designers, masterplanners and landscape planners work with our clients on pioneering projects that push the boundaries in creativity, innovation and sustainability.
The successful candidate will help deliver projects covering all aspects of landscape planning, including landscape and townscape character assessment, landscape and visual impact assessment, landscape and visual sensitivity and capacity assessment studies and mitigation and enhancement proposals. Our current portfolio ranges from some of the largest energy and infrastructure projects in the UK down to small-scale housing projects and recreational developments in protected rural landscapes.
We would like to hear from ambitious, experienced landscape planners with energy and enthusiasm, strong analytical and writing skills, and an ability to work efficiently both independently and as part of a team.
This position offers excellent career prospects with great opportunities for significant advancement for the right candidate.
Whilst we are currently working from home, we hope to soon be returning to the office, where we will be trialling working from home on a flexible basis up to two days per week.
The role will require you to work alongside an existing team of Landscape Planners, who are currently working remotely due to the pandemic, so a collaborative approach is essential.
All candidates must be available to start as soon as possible.
- A university degree in either landscape architecture or a related discipline such as geography;
- At least 3-years of professional experience in landscape planning;
- A good understanding of the UK planning process;
- A comprehensive understanding of LVIA in accordance with best practice guidance, the planning process and EIA;
- Very strong analytical and written skills, with demonstrable technical report writing experience;
- Excellent organisation, presentation and communication skills;
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines; and
- A full valid driving licence.
- Experience in dealing with clients and supporting stakeholder and public consultations; and
Benefits and rewards
- Friendly, sociable open plan office environment
- Flexible working (including working from home)
- Pathway to Chartership support
- Cycle to work scheme (entitling you to a tax-free bike)
- Life Assurance (4 x annual salary)
- Enhanced holiday allowance (23 days per annum starting and going up to 30 days) plus Bank Holidays
- Employee Assistance Programme – with free access to specialist external advice and counselling
- Workplace pension
- Paid professional membership fees
- Employee social events
- One paid day a year for volunteering activities
- Recruitment bonus
- Perkbox - employee benefits platform (a selection of over 250 perks chosen to support employees’ financial, physical and emotional wellbeing)
Join a talented team
Gillespies is passionate about landscape planning and how it can influence the design process and positively impact the environment. We offer excellent opportunities to develop your skills and professional knowledge within a supportive and stimulating work environment. Our studios are creative and sociable, with an international team of talented people.
Please email your CV and examples of your written work to Rachel.Taylor@gillespies.co.uk (10MB maximum).
Gillespies is an equal opportunities employer. We regret that we can only respond to successful applications.