Landscape Architect – Planner with GIS experience, London or Oxford, UK
Gillespies is a leading landscape design and masterplanning practice with an outstanding reputation for delivering responsibly designed, transformative and award-winning spaces that add real value to people's lives. We work with forward-thinking clients on pioneering projects that push the boundaries in creativity, innovation and sustainability. We have offices throughout the UK and an exciting national and international portfolio of projects.
We are seeking a talented Landscape Architect with experience in planning, landscape and visual assessment and landscape character assessment and GIS to join our studio in London or Oxford to provide creative and technical support on various exciting UK and International projects.
The role will require you to work alongside an existing team of Landscape Architects, who are currently working remotely due to the pandemic, so a collaborative approach is essential.
Successful applicants must demonstrate a passion for Landscape Architecture, have good graphic and proven illustration skills, and excellent technical abilities and proven proficiency in using AutoCAD, Sketch-up and Adobe Creative Suite package, and Microsoft office. Revit experience would be an advantage but is not essential.
All candidates must be available to start immediately or within no longer than a month.
- Must possess a Bachelor's degree in either Landscape Architecture, Urban Design or Architecture
- Possess a minimum of 2 years of professional experience in delivering UK and international landscape projects
- Expertise in delivering LVIA and EIA
- Good report writing skills
- GIS experience
- Strong AutoCAD, sketch-up, visualisation and Photoshop skills
- Excellent organisation and presentation skills
- Solid construction knowledge and the ability to put together high-quality technical drawing packages
- Proven ability in the delivery of large-scale, complex landscape projects in the UK and/or internationally.
- Experience in delivering planning applications, dealing with client and landscape contractors, and good tendering and on-site experience would be desirable.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Flexible and adaptable
- Creative thinker
- Problem solver
- Interested in learning
- Enthusiastic and driven
Join a talented team
Gillespies is passionate about design and dedicated to making a positive impact on the built environment. We offer great opportunities to develop your design skills and professional knowledge within a supportive and stimulating work environment. Our studios are creative and sociable, with an international team of talented designers.
- A competitive salary with a range of benefits
- A ‘flexi-hours’ scheme to allow for a healthy work-life balance.
- 2 days a week working from home for full-time employees or 1 day a week for part-time employees.
Note: Due to the current pandemic, our teams are working remotely from home until 19th July.
Please email your CV and portfolio to London.firstname.lastname@example.org (10MB max). References will be required.
Gillespies is an equal opportunities employer. We regret that we can only respond to successful applications.
No agencies, please.