Graduate/Landscape Architects (permanent or fixed-term) - London and Oxford, UK
Gillespies is a leading landscape design and masterplanning practice with an outstanding reputation for delivering responsibly-designed, transformative and award-winning spaces that add real value to people's lives. We work with forward-thinking clients on pioneering projects that push the boundaries in creativity, innovation and sustainability. We have offices throughout the UK, and an exciting national and international portfolio of projects.
Due to a burgeoning workload, we are seeking talented and creative Graduate and Landscape Architects to join our studios in London and Oxford (immediate start) to provide production support on a variety of exciting UK and International projects. We are seeking candidates with high-level graphical expertise and are offer permanent or fixed-term contracts.
The role will require you to work alongside an existing team of Landscape Architects and Urban Designers, who are currently working remotely due to the pandemic, so a collaborative approach is essential.
Successful applicants must demonstrate a passion for Landscape Architecture, have a imaginative design flair and proven illustration skills, as well as excellent technically abilities and a proven proficiency in using AutoCAD, Sketch-up and Adobe Creative Suite package, and Microsoft office. Revit experience would be an advantage, but is not essential.
- Must possess a Bachelor's degree in either Landscape Architecture, Urban Design or Architecture
- Strong AutoCAD, sketch-up, visualisation and Photoshop skills
- Very strong design skills
- Excellent organisation and presentation skills
- Solid construction knowledge and the ability to put together high-quality technical drawing packages
- A proven ability in the delivery of large-scale, complex landscape projects in the UK and/or internationally.
- Experience of delivering planning applications, dealing with client and landscape contractors as well as good tendering and on-site experience, would be desirable.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
Join a talented team
Gillespies is passionate about design and dedicated to making a positive impact on the built environment. We offer great opportunities to develop your design skills and professional knowledge, within a supportive and stimulating work environment. Our studios are creative and sociable, with an international team of talented designers.
Note: Due to the current pandemic our teams are working remotely from home.
Please email your CV and portfolio to London.email@example.com (10mb Max). References will be required.
A competitive salary is on offer together with a range of benefits. Our ‘flexi-hours’ scheme facilitates flexible working arrangements, to allow for a healthy work-life balance.
Gillespies is an equal opportunities employer. We regret that we can only respond to successful applications.
No agencies, please.