Graduate Landscape Architects - London and Oxford, UK
Gillespies is a leading landscape design and masterplanning practice with an outstanding reputation for delivering responsibly designed, transformative and award-winning spaces that add real value to people's lives. We work with forward-thinking clients on pioneering projects that push the boundaries in creativity, innovation and sustainability. We have offices throughout the UK, and an exciting national and international portfolio of projects.
We are seeking talented and creative Graduate Landscape Architects to join our studios in London and Oxford studios (immediate start) to provide production support on a variety of exciting UK and International projects. Successful applicants must demonstrate a passion for Landscape Architecture, have an imaginative design flair and proven illustration skills, as well as excellent technical abilities and a proven proficiency in using AutoCAD, Sketch-up and Adobe Creative Suite package, and Microsoft office. Revit experience would be an advantage but is not essential.
The role will require you to work alongside an existing team of Landscape Architects and Urban Designers, who are currently working remotely due to the pandemic, so a collaborative approach is essential.
All candidates must be available to start immediately or within no longer than a month.
- Must possess a Bachelor's degree in either Landscape Architecture, Urban Design or Architecture
- Strong AutoCAD, sketch-up, visualisation and Photoshop skills
- Very strong design skills
- Excellent organisation and presentation skills
- Solid construction knowledge and the ability to put together high-quality technical drawing packages
- Proven ability in the delivery of large-scale, complex landscape projects in the UK and/or internationally.
- Experience in delivering planning applications, dealing with client and landscape contractors as well as good tendering and on-site experience, would be desirable.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Flexible and adaptable
- Creative thinker
- Problem solver
- Interested in learning
- Enthusiastic and driven
Join a talented team
Gillespies is passionate about design and dedicated to making a positive impact on the built environment. We offer great opportunities to develop your design skills and professional knowledge, within a supportive and stimulating work environment. Our studios are creative and sociable, with an international team of talented designers.
- A competitive salary with a range of benefits
- A ‘flexi-hours’ scheme to allow for a healthy work-life balance.
- 2 days a week working from home for full-time staff or 1 day a week for part-time staff.
Note: Due to the current pandemic, our teams are working remotely from home until 19th July.
Please email your CV and portfolio to London.email@example.com (10MB Max).
Please specify the location (Oxford or London) you are applying for in the application email subject line.
References will be required.
Gillespies is an equal opportunities employer. We regret that we can only respond to successful applications.
No agencies, please.