BIM Coordinator and 3D Visualisation Specialist - London, UK
Gillespies is a leading landscape design and masterplanning practice with an outstanding reputation for delivering responsibly-designed, transformative and award-winning spaces that add real value to people's lives. We work with forward-thinking clients on pioneering projects that push the boundaries in creativity, innovation and sustainability and an exciting national and international portfolio of projects. The pandemic has strengthened the importance of delivering well-designed healthy spaces that are inclusive for all. Gillespies is leading a new nature led urbanism, and we are looking for passionate and highly talented designers to help us redefine the landscapes of our time.
We are seeking a talented and creative BIM Coordinator and 3D Visualisation Specialist, with the ability to lead and expand an in-house team of Revit and 3D visualisation technicians. to join our studio in London.
This role has been created as a result of growth within the overall practice and is a great opportunity for a BIM Coordinator/3d visualisation expert wanting to further develop their career within a forward-thinking organisation. As BIM Coordinator and 3D Visualisation Specialist, you will be working closely with our Landscape Architectural team and technicians of all levels and you will be directly involved in a broad range of projects.
You will have experience in the preparation of 3D visuals, BIM files, model collaboration and you will contribute to BIM Execution Plans. You will be able to support the advancement of our capabilities in clash detection, data management and maintaining project templates and standards.
You will engage in project management, software support, staff mentoring and training and input to bidding. You must be able to use your own initiative and operate in a proactive way.
The studio is a dynamic, fast-paced environment where we encourage innovative problem-solving.
- BIM Coordination and daily management of BIM project data sets/workflows and project set-up
- Coordination and daily management of the BIM and 3d visualisation team.
- Technical management of project BIM data sets
- Delivery of BIM training to the Landscape Architecture team to ensure proficiency in software and understanding of key principles
- Ensuring project delivery meets CAD/BIM standards, Digital Plan of Work and the requirements for the project BIM Execution plan.
- Seek new innovations to ensure Gillespies remains at the forefront of digital change, as a leading practice in Landscape BIM delivery.
- Collaborating with internal and external clients related to project delivery.
- Identify project-specific training requirements and knowledge gaps.
- Produce accurate Revit models with reliable BIM data according to the relevant BIM documentation (EIR/BEP), working closely with other members of the BIM team, Landscape Architects and Urban Designers
- Manage large Revit models integrating multiple Architecture, Structures, MEP and infrastructures models, identifying clashes and design concerns.
- Manage and maintain project content and source additional content for project teams
- Provide support to technically deliver BIM projects in the role of CAD and BIM coordination
- Provide technical support for BIM enabling software applications to the project team
- Provide one-to-one mentoring on 'Best Practice' workflows to project teams as required
- Deliver project team mentoring in BIM Software enabling Applications
- Prepare project-specific training documentation and project BIM execution plans
- Review of clash reports with the project team, and lead this process when needed
- 3D landscape visualisation and modelling to bring landscape designs to life through rendered images, perspectives and computer-generated imagery
- In-depth knowledge of Autodesk Revit 2016 and above.
- Good knowledge of 2D/3D AutoCAD, Rhino, Sketchup
- Knowledge of Lumion, Rhino 5, Microstation, Microsoft Office 2013 or higher, BIM 360 Team / C4R
- Desirable - Knowledge of Dynamo for Revit, Grasshopper, and the ability to read and write scripts
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe suite
Essential Skills & Experience
- Experience in delivering Landscape Architecture schemes from inception through to post-completion.
- Have a good understanding of BIM and its direction within the industry.
- Must be experienced in the federation of BIM models and capable of running clash and interface management, reporting and closing out identified issues.
- Able to write/contribute, implement and maintain BIM Execution Plans
- Be able to demonstrate continued compliance with CAD/BIM standards and Quality Assurance procedures.
- Ability to work without supervision and proactively manage time and work commitments.
- Project BIM experience of using Autodesk Revit and associated technologies with on design/construction projects.
- Proven record delivering internal training, providing support / coaching others in new software to improve their delivery performance and BIM compliance.
- An eye for architectural representation and ability to produce rendered imagery to communicate design intent to clients.
- Experience in architectural visualisation
- Experience of working in a project coordination role for design systems
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to daily tasks
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal);
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with stakeholders at all levels with credibility and confidence;
- Able to build positive working relationships across the Practice as well as with external stakeholders
- Good problem solver;
- Excellent planning and organisation skills;
- Ability to work well under pressure and prioritise multiple requests and tasks;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to make sound decisions and escalate any issues to the management if needed;
- Good attention to detail;
- Proactive, resilient and adaptable
- Self-driven & results-oriented
- Approachable & displaying a positive attitude
- Interested in learning and developing skills
Join a Talented Team
Gillespies is passionate about design and dedicated to making a positive impact on the built environment. We offer great opportunities to develop your design skills and professional knowledge within a supportive and stimulating work environment. Our studios are creative and sociable, with an international team of talented designers.
- A competitive salary with a range of benefits
- A ‘flexi-hours’ scheme to allow for a healthy work-life balance.
- 2 days a week working from home for full-time employees or 1 day a week for part-time employees.
If you think you are a suitable match for this role, Please email your CV and portfolio to email@example.com (10MB max). References will be required.
Gillespies is an equal opportunities employer. We regret that we can only respond to successful applications.
No agencies, please.