Associate Landscape Architect - London, UK
Gillespies is a leading landscape design and masterplanning practice with an outstanding reputation for delivering responsibly designed, transformative and award-winning spaces that add real value to people's lives. We work with forward-thinking clients on pioneering projects that push the boundaries in creativity, innovation and sustainability. We have offices throughout the UK and an exciting national and international portfolio of projects. The pandemic has strengthened the importance of delivering well-designed healthy spaces that are inclusive for all. Gillespies is leading a new nature led urbanism, and we are looking for a passionate and highly talented designer to help us redefine the landscapes of our time.
We are looking for a design-focused Associate Landscape Architect to support our growing business, based out of our London studio, located in Clerkenwell. The Associate will help manage our growing team, lead the delivery of high-level concept design for UK and International projects and grow our portfolio with new business acquisitions. We are particularly interested in hearing from designers who can work at scale, enjoying the challenges of leading multidisciplinary teams and delivering landscape led masterplanning, because this has to be the future for sustainable development if we are to turn the impacts of climate change, loss of ecosystems and our poor mental health around.
The successful candidate will be an experienced landscape professional who can operate at a senior level, demonstrating a wide range of project experience and an excellent track record in project delivery and landscape design.
The role will require you to work alongside an existing team of Landscape Architects and Urban Designers, who are currently working remotely due to the pandemic, so a collaborative approach is essential.
Key aspects of the role of Associate:
- Drive business development for our Landscape Portfolio and broaden the client base
- Prepare project budgets, monitor costs and deliver projects within a set budget.
- Liaise with clients and community stakeholders
- Propose design-led options/solutions to problems
- Produce high-quality bids and successful tender presentations
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following qualities:
- Self-starter - able to work independently
- Aptitude for business development and winning new work
- Independent proposal writing
- Confidence to take the lead on projects independently and undertake design meetings
- Project management, including consultant team management and client management
- Ability to design independently and understand the full complexities of landscape design
- Team leader - organise the work of junior team members and lead projects internally.
- Ability to present and report clearly
- Ability to manage programs, contracts and deliverables
- Experience working on UK projects would be an advantage
Qualifications and skills required:
- Landscape qualification
- Background in a relevant subject, e.g. landscape, planning or architecture.
- Excellent design skills
- 10 + years of experience in the landscape field
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite
- Flexible and adaptable
- Creative thinker
- Problem solver
- Interested in learning
- Enthusiastic and driven
Join a talented team
Gillespies is passionate about design and dedicated to making a positive impact on the built environment. We offer great opportunities to develop your design skills and professional knowledge within a supportive and stimulating work environment. Our studios are creative and sociable, with an international team of talented designers.
- A competitive salary with a range of benefits
- A ‘flexi-hours’ scheme to allow for a healthy work-life balance.
- 2 days a week working from home for full-time employees or 1 day a week for part-time employees.
Note: Due to the current pandemic, our teams generally work remotely from home but our Studios remain open for those who can't work from home.
If you think you are a suitable match for this role, Please email your CV and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org (10MB max). References will be required.
Gillespies is an equal opportunities employer. We regret that we can only respond to successful applications.
No agencies, please.