Associate Landscape Architect, Clerkenwell, London
As one of the leading landscape architecture, environmental planning and urban design practices in the UK, Gillespies deliver distinctive and beautiful places where people want to live, work and play. Every project is a result of careful analysis, collaboration and a unique understanding of place. We have offices throughout the UK, and an exciting national and international portfolio of projects.
We are looking for an Associate Landscape Architect to support our growing business, based out of our London studio, located in Clerkenwell. The Associate will help manage our growing team, deliver current projects and build upon our portfolio with new work.
The successful candidate will be an experienced landscape professional who is able to operate at a senior level, demonstrating a wide range of project experience and an excellent track record in project delivery and landscape design.
Key aspects of the role of Associate:
- Drive business development for our Landscape Portfolio and broaden the client base
- Prepare project budgets, monitor costs and deliver projects within set budget
- Liaise with clients and community stakeholders
- Propose design led options/solutions to problems
- Produce high-quality bids and successful tender presentations
The ideal candidate would demonstrate the following qualities:
- Self-starter - able to work independently
- Aptitude for business development and winning new work
- Independent proposal writing
- Confidence to take lead on projects independently and undertake design meetings
- Project management, including consultant team management and client management
- Ability to design independently and understand full complexities landscape design
- Team leader - organise the work of junior team members and lead projects internally
- Ability to present and report clearly
- Ability to manage programs, contracts and deliverables
- Experience working on UK projects would be an advantage
Qualifications and skills required:
- Landscape qualification
- Background in a relevant subject, e.g. landscape, planning or architecture.
- Excellent design skills
- 10 + years of experience in the landscape field
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite
We offer a competitive salary, commensurate to experience and a wide range of staff benefits, as well as specific benefits for Associates.
If you are interested in joining our team, we would love to hear from you. Please send your CV and portfolio (max 10MB) to London.email@example.com
Gillespies LLP is an equal opportunities employer. We regret that we can only respond to successful candidates.