Revit Technician/BIM Modeller - Leeds, UK
Gillespies is a leading landscape design and masterplanning practice with an outstanding reputation for delivering responsibly-designed, transformative and award-winning spaces that add real value to people's lives. We work with forward-thinking clients on pioneering projects that push the boundaries in creativity, innovation and sustainability. We have offices throughout the UK, and an exciting national and international portfolio of projects.
We are seeking a skilled and enthusiastic Revit Technician/BIM Modeller to join our studio in Leeds, to provide technical support on a variety of exciting UK and International projects. This is a full-time position, however, we are happy to consider employing the right candidate on a contract, freelance basis.
Please note that due to the pandemic this role will be initially based at home, but post-lockdown you will be expected to be based in the Leeds studio, with regular travel between Leeds and Hale to service the North Region of Gillespies.
Purpose of the role
To effectively coordinate all technical information on projects from inception to completion; to ensure all information is accessible to the Production team and other stakeholders as required; To liaise with project managers and teams and efficiently plan, coordinate and execute landscape work in BIM and Revit.
- Produce accurate Revit models with reliable BIM data according to the relevant BIM documentation (EIR/BEP), working closely with other members of the BIM team, Landscape Architects and Urban Designers
- Use 3D landscape visualisation and modelling techniques to bring landscape designs to life through rendered images, perspectives and computer-generated imagery
- Some BIM coordination and daily management of BIM landscape project data sets/workflows and project set up
- Technical management of project BIM landscape data sets
- Manage large Revit models integrating multiple Architecture, Structures, MEP and infrastructures models, identifying clashes and design concerns.
- Manage and maintain project content and source additional content for project teams
- Provide support to technically deliver BIM projects in the role of CAD and BIM coordination
- Provide technical support for BIM enabling software applications to the project team
- Provide one-to-one mentoring on 'Best Practice' workflows to the office and project teams as required
- Deliver project team mentoring and wider office training in BIM Software enabling Applications and Revit
- Prepare project-specific training documentation and project BIM execution plans
- Review of clash reports with the project team, and lead this process when needed
- Minimum of 3 years experience
- In-depth knowledge of and skills in Autodesk Revit 2016 and above.
- Good knowledge of 2D/3D AutoCAD3D Studio Max
- Knowledge of Navisworks and Microsoft Office 2013 or higher
- Knowledge of Lumion, Vectorworks, Rhino 5 Microsoft Office 2013 or higher, Civil 3D, BIM 360 Team / C4R and Artisan is desirable but not essential
- Knowledge of Dynamo for Revit and the ability to read and write scripts is desirable but not essential
- Some basic knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe suite & Sketch Up is desirable but not essential
Skills & Experience
- Previous experience in identifying, recommending and implementing more efficient ways of working within Revit for landscape;
- Project BIM experience of using Autodesk Revit and associated technologies on design/construction projects.
- Experience working in landscape as well as architectural production environment
- An eye for architectural representation and the ability to produce rendered imagery to communicate design intent to clients.
- Experience in landscape and architectural visualisation
- Experience of working in a project coordination role for design systems desirable but not essential Previous experience with BIM projects on-site, and mobile technologies used on-site, is desirable but not essential.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to daily tasks
- Ability to deliver excellent customer service;
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal);
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with stakeholders at all levels with credibility and confidence;
- Able to build positive working relationships across the Practice as well as with external stakeholders
- Proven experience in delivering BIM/Revit training to existing staff;
- Excellent planning and organisation skills;
- Good problem solver;
- Ability to work well under pressure and prioritise multiple requests and tasks;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to make sound decisions and escalate any issues to the management if needed;
- Good attention to detail;
- Set up to work from home if necessary under current restrictions with their own desk and hardware to link to our server and software ( we have remote IT access arrangements in place)
- Proactive, resilient and adaptable
- Self-driven & results-oriented
- Approachable & displaying a positive attitude
- Interested in learning and developing skills
- Interested in developing and sharing skills with colleagues
If you are interested in working with us, we would love to hear from you. Please email your CV and portfolio (max 10MB) to Rachel.email@example.com
A competitive salary is on offer together with a range of benefits. Our ‘flexi-hours’ scheme facilitates flexible working arrangements, to allow for a healthy work-life balance.
Gillespies is an equal opportunities employer. We regret that we can only respond to successful applications.
No agencies, please.