Landscape Architects, Urban Designers and Architects – All levels - permanent/contract/freelance opportunities with Gillespies (All Studios)
Gillespies is a leading landscape design and masterplanning practice with an outstanding reputation for delivering responsibly-designed, transformative and award-winning spaces that add real value to people's lives. We work with forward-thinking clients on pioneering projects that push the boundaries in creativity, innovation and sustainability and an exciting national and international portfolio of projects. The pandemic has strengthened the importance of delivering well-designed healthy spaces that are inclusive for all. Gillespies is leading a new nature led urbanism, and we are looking for passionate and highly talented designers to help us redefine the landscapes of our time.
If you enjoy creating captivating and inspiring designs and would like you to join our creative and talented team, we would love to hear from you! We are looking for talented and creative Landscape Architects, Urban Designers and Architects of various levels. We currently have permanent and contract opportunities to join our teams in one of our UK studios based in London, Oxford, Leeds or Manchester.
We also have freelance opportunities for those based in the UK as well as overseas.
This is a fantastic opportunity for industry professionals seeking exposure to a range of large-scale masterplanning, residential, mixed-use and retail projects to develop and grow their careers within an established team of landscape designers and planners. Successful candidates will be working on exciting projects both in the UK and internationally.
- Must have a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Landscape Architecture, Architecture, Urban Design or Planning or overseas equivalent.
- All applicants should have strong technical and graphic abilities and demonstrate proficiency in using AutoCAD, Sketch-up and Adobe Creative Suite package, and Microsoft office. Revit experience and the ability to use rendering software would be an advantage.
- Successful applicants must demonstrate a passion for creative design and have a proven ability to manage and deliver large-scale, complex landscape projects in the UK and/or internationally. CMLI or equivalent chartered status would be a bonus but not essential.
- Experience in working on large scale Middle-Eastern projects is desirable.
- Experience in delivering planning applications, client and consultant engagement, landscape contractors, and good tendering and on-site experience would be desirable.
Join a talented team
Gillespies are passionate about design and dedicated to making a positive impact on the built environment. We offer great opportunities to develop your design skills and professional knowledge within a supportive and stimulating work environment. Our studios are creative and sociable, with an international team of talented designers.
- A competitive salary with a range of benefits
- A ‘flexi-hours’ scheme to allow for a healthy work-life balance.
- 2 days a week working from home for full-time employees or 1 day a week for part-time employees.
If you think you are a suitable match for these roles, please send us your CV and portfolio. If you are applying for a role in our Manchester and Leeds studios, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and state which role you are applying for in the email subject line. (10MB max).
For applications to our London and Oxford studios, please email email@example.com. Again, please indicate the role you are applying for in the email subject line. Please also state whether you are seeking a permanent, contract or freelance position.
Gillespies is an equal opportunities employer. We regret that we can only respond to successful applications. Note that references will be required after interview.
No agencies, please.